Three Little Words (Fool's Gold #12)

Three Little Words  (Fool's Gold #12) - Susan Mallery Title: Three Little Words

Series: Fool's Gold bk 13

Author: Susan Mallery

Genre: Contemporary

Isabel Carlisle thinks she's cursed in the romance department. Her teenage crush, Ford Hendrix, ignored all her letters. Her husband left her for another...man. So Isabel has come home to dust off her passion for fashion and run the family bridal shop until her parents are ready to sell it. Then she'll pursue her real dreams. At least, that's the plan, until sexy, charming Ford returns and leaves her feeling fourteen all over again....

Seeing Isabel all grown up hits bodyguard trainer Ford like a sucker punch. Back when heartbreak made him join the military, her sweet letters kept him sane. Now he can't take his eyes-or his lips-off her. The man who gave up on love has a reason to stay in Fool's Gold forever-if three little words can convince Isabel to do the same.

This is the book I've been waiting for, for what feels like forever. When I know it has only been a couple of months. When Ford walked out of the woods at the end of Just One Kiss, and calmly tells Justice he took the shot so he wouldn't have to, I was in love.

Of all the heroes that have been in this series, Ford Hendrix is probably my favorite. There was just something about him, that I loved. When he came up with the crazy scheme to throw his mom of his scent, and thwart her attempts to find him a wife, but in a way that didn't hurt I knew he was something special.

Isabel was a character I wasn't sure about in the beginning, but by the time this story came around I had a feeling she was going to be awesome and I was right she was.

What works for this story is that both Ford and Isabel are so similar when it comes their past love lives. When Ford's former best friend points out the truth to Ford I loved it.

There is also a secondary love story with Ford's brother Kent and Consuelo which is really sweet and I hope we get to see more of them.

Of all the Fool's Gold books out so far, Three Little Words is my favorite.

Grade A