It Had to Be You (Lucky Harbor, #7) - Jill Shalvis I’m a huge fan of small town romances and Jill Shalvis Lucky Harbor series is one of my favorites.

Ali and Luke are one of those couples you fall instantly in love with because they are so perfect for each other.

One of the things I love about this series is that while there are now nine books in the series they way that Jill has written them we aren’t overwhelmed by the past characters. We get little pieces of them because this is a small town but each set of books has it’s key characters and so that is what we see.

Luke is a guy who has the world on his shoulders, or so he thinks. When he escapes to Lucky Harbor he’s immediately drawn into Ali’s wreck of a life, though it’s not her fault, and bribed with pie to help her out. Not that he wasn’t going to anyways. Not only does he have Ali in his business, he has his best friend Jack, his grandfather who lives next door, and all the seniors at the senior center doing everything they can to keep him in Lucky Harbor.

Ali…when I think of Ali I think of the song from Annie, It’s a Hard Knock Life. She hasn’t had an easy life, but she refuses to let it make her miserable. Everyday she chooses to smile and be happy. No matter what life throws at her. And it has just thrown her an entire tub of rotten apples. The last thing she needs is her super sexy landlord feeling sorry for her. If it wasn’t for their explosive chemistry, and how at ease they are with each other she would ignore him.

This is another excellent addition to Jill’s Lucky Harbor series. The angst between Luke and Ali is heartfelt and hilarious at times. When you add in all the quirky characters from the past books, Lucille and her facebook updates, you get a story that makes you feel good and want to read it again when you’re done. You feel for Luke each time he says he’s not staying and can’t give anything to Ali, because you know he’s fighting himself and some demons from his past. You want to be Ali’s friend and help her figure out who framed her and tell her to be patient Luke will come around.

If you haven’t read the other books in the series you don’t need to as this book is the first in this set of three. If you’re looking for a fun, feel good, easy read then you will want to pick this book up. I also recommend reading the other books in the series as they are just as good.