Redneck Romeo - Lorelei James Title: Redneck Romeo

Series: Rough Riders, Book 15

Author: Lorelei James

Genre: Western, Red Hots!!!, Cowboys

Book Blurb:

The last McKay standing is knocked to his knees…

Three years ago, Dalton McKay looked across the altar and saw the woman he knew he’d love for the rest of his life…only it wasn’t his bride. That’s when he took the McKays’ love-’em-and-leave-’em reputation to new heights—fleeing the ceremony and Wyoming.

Now a family issue has brought Dalton back to Sundance, giving him a chance to prove to everyone—especially the woman he thought he lost—that he’s a changed man.

Aurora “Rory” Wetzler has fallen for cowboy hottie Dalton’s smooth-talkin’ ways too many times. So he’s determined to convince her he’s playing for keeps this go around? Fine. She’ll call that bluff—she can’t ignore their intense chemistry or resist smokin’ hot sex, but she’s not willing to gamble her heart again.

Dalton has plenty of fences to mend with the McKays, but his biggest fear is that Rory doesn’t believe they have a future. He’ll have to pull out all the stops to show her they belong together for the long haul.

Warning: Contains a sexy cowboy who tames his sassy lady love with his romantic and his kinky side. In explicit detail.

My Thoughts:

This is the first book I’ve read by Lorelei James and my first western romance. I was hesitant at first as I started reading not quite sure of the plot. It seemed to be the typical cowboy mentality you see on the old westerns. I found that as I progressed through the book I found the plot had more to do with finding oneself, taking a step back and take inventory of ones life. Dalton McKay was every bit the cowboy not only personified the bad boy image but was known for it. He was well known for being a womanizer, bar fighter and heavy drinker but that was the old Dalton the one he left behind when he left Sundance, Wyoming three years ago. The new Dalton McKay was a changed man one who didn’t need anyone’s approval especially his father Casper McKay which is the reason he’s been called home. Dalton’s past is well laid out as the story goes on and we learn more about Dalton’s dark past along with why he up and left Wyoming and the woman he loved. Aurora “Rory” Wetzler the heroine has just moved back to Sundance after breaking off her engagement with another man who just happens to be the spitting image of none other than Dalton McKay.

Dalton plans to prove to Rory that he’s a changed man but will she believe him? He plans on staying in Sundance to be near her and they begin a scorching hot affair that leaves them both wondering what the future has in store. Dalton sweeps Rory off her feet whenever he has the chance but is he able to share with her the reason why he left Sundance and her? Can Rory give her heart to Dalton again after having it broken?

Dalton and Rory complete each other. Lorelei writes their story in such a way that you can’t help put root for them to make it. I can honestly say that I was happily surprised to find myself with a box of kleenex, reading a western no less, as I read the reason why Dalton left Sundance and the effect it had on his family when he finally told them and Rory the truth.

I give this story an A+.

Review by: Danita

- See more at: http://thebookreadinggals.com/2013/06/redneck-romeo-by-lorelei-james.html#comment-8456