Shades of Gray - Maya Banks Title: Shades of Grey

Series: KGI bk 6

Author: Maya Banks

Genre: Contemporary

P.J. and Cole were sharpshooting rivals on the same KGI team and enjoyed a spirited, uncomplicated camaraderie. Until the night they gave in to their desires and suddenly took their relationship one step further. In the aftermath of their one night stand, they’re called up on a mission that goes terribly wrong, and P.J. walks away from KGI, determined not to drag her teammates into the murky shadows she’s poised to delve into.

Six months later, Cole hasn’t given up his search for P.J., and he’s determined to bring her back home where she belongs. Bent on vengeance, P.J. is on a mission that will plunge her into a serpentine game of payback and make her question everything she’s ever believed in. Cole—and the rest of their team—refuse to let her go it alone. Even if it means sacrificing their loyalty to KGI and their very lives…

Once again Maya has delivered a riveting book with the KGI crew that lets us see more about who they are and in a way that makes us love them even more.

P.J. and Cole are two of the characters in this series who I wanted to see more of, just because their banter was so delicious.

This is an intense book I won't lie. What happens to P.J. rocks them all, most especially Cole as they have begun to make that change into a relationship. My heart broke for all the men at KGI during this part of the book, and I can't imagine how hard it was for Maya to write this part.

What I loved about Cole and PJ is that they have a friendship before they become lovers, and they are both scarred by events in their pasts. Pasts that have shaped who they are and why they do the things they do.

If you are a fan of this series you won't want to miss this book. Especially as we get to see more of Steele and his book is next.

Grade A